SMM: Expanding The Audience
SMM is a means of promoting goods within social network pages, and the name stands for social media marketing. SMM is widely used as a way to advertize certain products while staying in touch with the clients themselves. Such networks as Facebook, Vkontakte, Instagram, etc. are the places where advertising is flourishing, so many companies decide to venture to this world of ‘social’ advertising.
Why SMM is beneficial
- It helps you expand the audience while reaching out to new clients and increasing brand awareness.
- It enables you to advertize your goods only in those social networks which are characterized by a particular kind of audience. Say, Facebook and Vkontakte users differ, and it’s a task for a promotional agency to determine which one fits bets for promoting this or that thing.
- Some clients like this close communication with company representatives. While chatting in social networks, they have an easier way of staying in touch with the community using the same products and have an opportunity to address a manufacturer/seller directly.
What stages SMM implies
- Market analysis. Before we start elaborating the basics of the promotional campaign in question, we must specify the goals and aims that we have before us and determine what social networks must be used as the places for advertising.
- As soon as we’ve done with the initial analysis, we can proceed to group registration and creating pages in the chosen networks to represent the company. Besides, it’s supposed to have appropriate design depending on a theme or field of operation.
- When we’ve established a page in a social network, it’s time to fill it with content. News, media kits, promotions, stories and whatever else that may be needed to let the crowd know your product are published there.
- Group management. All social network pages need monitoring and working with customers. Adding new information (content management) and communicating with clients (client management) are the two aspects that need constant attention.
So, SMM is quite a powerful advertising tool as many people nowadays use social networks, thus becoming another part of your audience.